
Ok... so here it is-the 11th day of our waste-free life. Now that we've eliminated the "garbage can" completely-we barely had enough room in our recycling can to hold what we used or received (via junk mail) in a week. Rather than get another can... I've been looking to try to reduce the amount of items needing to be recycled. I've decided to take a few in initial steps to reduce the amount of junk mail that we receive. The first thing I plan to do is call my bank and change my account-so that we start receiving e-statements. I'm already utilizing their online banking system to check my account balance-so there is really no need to continue to have paper statements sent to me. Next-I plan to call some of the companies (ie. Home Depot) that continue to send us catalogs that we simply toss in our rather bloated recycling can. When you think about it-they're wasting valuable marketing dollars on sending us information that we simply toss out without even looking at it. In a way... we're helping them reduce unnecessary spending. So thats on the to-do list for today. We'll see if this can help to free up some space for important things like card board and milk cartons.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.