Ok. So I don't normally eat candy... but I found myself sudden;t craving a chocolate bar the other day. Just as I now do w/every purchase... I checked the packaging to verify it could be recycled. To my surprise... absolutely no candy bar in the store used packaging that qualified. So... as sad as I was to deprive myself of this much needed treat. I left the store and began my stump-the-recycler quest. After searching online- I discovered upcycling. Upcycling company TerraCycle is working to reduce the amount of candy wrappers headed for the landfills by teaming up with one of the world’s largest candy makers, Mars, Incorporated. The idea is to turn packaging, including candy wrappers, into consumer goods. TerraCycle will upcycle wrappers from M&M’S, , Snickers, Milky Way, Twix, Starburst, Skittles and 3 Musketeers. The material will be reused for backpacks, tote bags, messenger bags and even cell phone holders and laptop sleeves. As if reusing candy wrappers isn't good enough-they will also PAY YOU for $0.02 per wrapper. Quite the earth-friendly Deal!Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Candy Eaters Rejoice! Thank You TerraCycle!
Ok. So I don't normally eat candy... but I found myself sudden;t craving a chocolate bar the other day. Just as I now do w/every purchase... I checked the packaging to verify it could be recycled. To my surprise... absolutely no candy bar in the store used packaging that qualified. So... as sad as I was to deprive myself of this much needed treat. I left the store and began my stump-the-recycler quest. After searching online- I discovered upcycling. Upcycling company TerraCycle is working to reduce the amount of candy wrappers headed for the landfills by teaming up with one of the world’s largest candy makers, Mars, Incorporated. The idea is to turn packaging, including candy wrappers, into consumer goods. TerraCycle will upcycle wrappers from M&M’S, , Snickers, Milky Way, Twix, Starburst, Skittles and 3 Musketeers. The material will be reused for backpacks, tote bags, messenger bags and even cell phone holders and laptop sleeves. As if reusing candy wrappers isn't good enough-they will also PAY YOU for $0.02 per wrapper. Quite the earth-friendly Deal!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.